Reports to: Accounting Manager
- Are you looking for the stability of working at a local company that has been around over 25 years?
- Do you enjoy learning and conquering challenges?
- Are you organized, efficient with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy?
- Do you like to work (and play) hard while being a valuable member of a work family?
If you answered “Yes”, you just might be the perfect person to fill our Accounting Clerk vacancy.
- Collaborates closely with the Sales and Accounting Departments.
- Maintains and promotes excellent vendor relationships.
- Communicates with customers regarding billing and payments.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve grievances with vendors and customers.
- Creating and processing invoices.
- Sending bills and invoices to customers.
- Ability to implement and maintain a collection process for past due accounts.
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate.
- Receiving and recording cash, checks and credit card payments.
- Posting financial transactions in databases.
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments.
- Updating customer accounts based on payment or contact information.
- Perform clerical work and interoffice support.
- Responsible for daily bank deposits.
- Ability to develop and implement procedures with a goal to increase efficiency and optimize workflow.
- Familiar with compliance responsibilities and responses and assisting with as needed.
- Ability to understand the principles and procedures of accounting and recordkeeping.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
-Interact regularly with clients regarding sensitive topics like billing and payments.
-The ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
-Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Adaptability to learn business software application as it applies to areas affected by this position.
- Strong organizational ability and skills for maintaining clear and accurate financial records.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Multitasking to successfully handle multiple accounts, invoices, and payments at various stages of execution.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years in a clerical, data entry or business-related setting.
- Coursework completed in accounting, finance, business, or bookkeeping
- Relevant experience in other jobs may be considered.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Physical ability to access filing storage and carry up to 25 pounds
The starting rate is negotiable and will be based on knowledge and experience. As your dedication and responsibilities increase within the first year, so will your wages. This position may, over time, develop into a Management position depending upon your contribution, desire, and abilities.